Accutemp is proud of its long-standing reputation for superior professional service, as we have been servicing Greater Victoria to Duncan for over 40 years! We service most makes and models of residential heat pumps and gas furnaces.
Accutemp offers an annual maintenance inspection for all systems residentially and commercially:
Maintenance inspections for all your heating needs, $20 off your 1st inspection for all new customers and $10 off when you continue regular yearly inspections
Heat Pumps – 21 Point Maintenance Inspection.
Gas Furnace – 15 Point Maintenance Inspection.
The complexity of heat pumps means that annual maintenance is a must. It is recommended that you schedule your heat pump maintenance at least once a year. We recommend getting your maintenance done in the fall and spring.
Benefits of Maintenance
- Reduce the chance of system failure by servicing your systems frequently
- Maintain energy efficiency and keep energy bills low
- Keep your air clean and healthy
If you have an extended warranty, many heat pump manufacturers require that you perform an annual maintenance to keep their warranties valid. Accutemp’s annual maintenance service saves you money by avoiding expensive repairs and premature equipment failure. Heat pump compressors, reversing valves, and coils are costly to replace. If properly maintained, risk of failure can be greatly reduced.
With our 21-point inspection, we ensure your refrigerant levels, return air temperatures, coils, drains, motors, system pressures, and more are in great working condition, and performing to their optimal efficiency. This is a preventative service which looks for leaks or signs of wear on your unit.
We offer this annual maintenance inspection for $199.00 on heat pumps.
For your peace of mind, once you are scheduled for your first maintenance, you will be added to our mailing list to receive yearly reminders to schedule future maintenances.
Accutemp is available for emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
However, there are some frequent issues that come up that you may be able to troubleshoot at home! Have a look at these common problems and solutions before you contact our team.
- Change & clean your filter: A clogged filter is one of the most common causes of issues with your heating and cooling system. If your filter is covered in dirt or dust, the airflow through your system will be restricted, and it will not run optimally.
Accutemp recommends having a technician come a minimum of once a year for maintenance. At this visit we will check your filter and change it if needed. As changing your filter should be done three times a year in most cases, we can teach you how to do it yourself for next time!
- Ensure your thermostat is set correctly: Before calling for us to come and check for you, make sure that your settings are what they are supposed to be.
- Check your thermostat batteries: If your screen is blank, try popping off the cover and changing the batteries. You should only have to do this twice a year at the most.
- Check your electrical panel: If your system doesn’t seem to be turning on at all, you may have a power source issue. Check your electrical panel for a breaker switch labelled for the furnace and/or heat pump. If you find it tripped, try resetting it. Give your system a few minutes to get going again, as most have automatic delays built in.
If you have tried these steps and are still having issues, give us a call 250-475-2665, or send us a message and we would be happy to help!
We are available 24/7, so you are never without a solution!